If you have chosen to visit the wonderful place of Nine Mile we assure you it will be a unique experience. This side of the Island is authentic, rustic and full of history. Nine Mile is the very place where the reggae king, Bob Marley was born into the world and laid to rest his head. There is so much to learn and we highly suggest you book a tour guide in advance. The Nine Mile tour village takes up to 6 hours (includes journey time to and from Nine Mile) so dress comfortably!
Tours usually depart from Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Falmouth and Negril. Some tour operators offer pickups and drop offs from your accommodation, double check your ticket in advance whether this is available or if there is a meeting point. Most tours depart early, so a good night's sleep will prepare you for your adventure as you travel through beautiful hills to Nine Mile. We promise you will have a lot to tell your friends about when you get back home.
All tours have a designated English speaking tour guide, you may be able to opt for an audio guide/headphones or request a translator with your tour operator. The Nine Mile Tour takes around 45 minutes as you learn about Nine Mile and the early life of Bob Marley. No matter what guide you book, all of them will provide you with a unique experience and journey through the Rastafarian movement and the life of Bob Marley. You will learn about his childhood, career and what inspired him to create the legacy that he has left behind.
What to know:
- Temperature checks for travellers on arrival
- Face masks will be required during your visit
- Guides are required to wear face masks
- Hand sanitizer is available for travellers and staff
- Social distancing will be enforced through the tour
- Contactless payments is available
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring a bottle of water – stay hydrated!
- Bring a camera – you will certainly have many opportunities to take great pictures
- It is prohibited to take pictures inside Bob Marley’s Mausoleum - If found doing so, you will be asked to delete photos.
- Jamaican food is available at the restaurant, you have to try the juicy patties or jerk chicken!
- There are gift shops available in Nine Mile and the amazing part is that you will be able to find our clothing line too!